Statistics show that wearing body armor reduces the chance of bodily injury or death caused by any physical injury including a car accident. The best vest you will ever wear is the one you’re wearing if you are shot. 36% of officers killed in fatal shootings between 2003-2012 could have survived but were not wearing their vest.
- Officers that do not routinely wear body armor are 3.4 times more likely to suffer fatal injuries from a torso shot than officers who routinely wear their body armor.
- Wearing body armor can mean the difference between life and death.
- You never know what to expect when you start your day: What will you be up against? What’s waiting around the next corner? Will you make it home?
- There have been more than 3,100 instances of officer’s lives being saved because they were wearing body armor since the introduction of body armor in the 1970’s.
- Not wearing your body armor because it’s too hot or uncomfortable is not acceptable.
- Who will comfort your family if you are not there?
For more information on FSRMF’s services and coverages, give us a call at 850-320-6880.