In 2011, the FSRMF decided to bring operations in-house, under the direction of David F. Harvey, Executive Director. Since January 1, 2013, FSRMF has taken over all administrative management services. Prior to accepting the Executive Director position, David Harvey served as Wakulla County Sheriff for 35 years.
The Sheriffs have partnered with the best service providers in each field, bringing their expertise to the benefit of FSRMF and our members. Their industry expertise, acquired through years of experience, combined with our law enforcement and insurance savvy have served to enhance the operations and benefits provided to our members.
Our highly experienced team of outside professionals includes:
- Reinsurance Broker – Aon Benfield: Founded in 1982, Aon Benfield is the largest reinsurance brokering firm in both the United States and the world. Aon Benfield assists FSRMF to assess risk, as well as manage the volatility represented by such risk through reinsurance treaty protections placed with leading reinsurers that are designed to smooth results and strengthen the FSRMF balance sheet.
- Investment Advisor – The Bogdahn Group (TBG) is an independent, employee-owned investment consulting firm established in 2000. TBG oversees the investment portfolio of the FSRMF.
- Workers' Compensation TPA – North American Risk Services (NARS): NARS, headquartered in Altamonte Springs, Florida, has provided trusted, third party claims administration services to companies nationwide since 1996. The administration of the Florida Sheriffs Workers' Compensation Self Insurance Program (FSWCSIP) claims has been handled by the same dedicated Tallahassee team since 2002, initially as Unisource and then as NARS, bringing to the FSWCSIP members valuable understanding of law enforcement injuries and the best courses of treatment.
- External Auditor – Thomas Howell Ferguson (THF): Since 1993, THF has been the external auditor for the Florida Sheriffs Programs. THF specializes in accounting services for insurance and public entities around Florida and the nation.
- Actuary – Pinnacle Actuarial Resources: Beginning in 1994, Godbold Malpere & Co. provided actuarial services for FSRMF supplying crucial support through review of individual member's loss history, setting of annual rates and loss reserves, and review of the overall performance of FSRMF. In 2011, Godbold, Malpere & Co. merged its operations with Pinnacle Actuarial Resources, Inc.
- General Counsel – Foley & Lardner LLP: Since 1842, attorneys at Foley & Lardner LLP have provided sound legal advice to their diverse client base. In 2012, FSRMF appointed Foley & Lardner LLP to be the outside general counsel.
- Inspired Technologies – Founded in 2002, Craig Goodson and his highly trained staff at Inspired Technologies were responsible for setting up the entire IT infrastructure when operations were brought in-house on Jan 1, 2013. Craig Goodson acts in the capacity of the Chief Information Officer for the FSRMF and along with his team has continued to provide all IT related services.